Events might be canceled due to COVID-19.
Book Signing — Diane Campbell, “Point Blank,” 1-3 p.m. Feb. 20, Covered Treasures Bookstore, 105 Second St., Monument; 481-2665.
Black History Story Time — With Lil’ Miss Story Hour’s and presented by the African American Historical Society of Colorado Springs, 1-3 p.m. Feb. 20, 1620 W. Bijou St., $5 and up suggested donation. Event will also be held online. Registration required: tinyurl.com/y378odyc.
HOT OFF THE PRESS
Recent regional author offerings:
• ”Wonder Up! How to Run Like a Girl” by Charlotte Matthews. Published by: Charlotte Matthews. Summary: The story of Evie, a spunky young girl with her sights set on finishing her first running race — The Mighty Girl Sprint. With the support of her mom, dad and feline sidekick, Evie learns that a balanced approach to training will help her reach the finish line and secure a coveted sparkly finisher’s medal.
Hoopla Digital — Pikes Peak Library District patrons can use Hoopla Digital for free access to videos, music and audiobooks from smartphones, tablets, PCS and Apple TV; hoopladigital.com.
E-books and More — E-books, e-audiobooks, e-magazines free with PPLD library card. Click on CyberShelf at ppld.org.
All Pikes Peak District Library branches will allow patrons inside without reservations to browse the physical collection, use self-checkout machines and service desks, reserve one, 55-minute computer session per day. (Reservations encouraged. Call 389-8968 to book your session; library card required to reserve by phone), use machines to fax, scan and/or copy documents without staff assistance, charge your devices and to make a 55-minute reservation to access Special Collections in the 1905 Carnegie Library. People also can take advantage of curbside services at library locations, in addition to PPLD’s virtual ask-a-librarian services, large digital collection, extensive hub of online resources and many virtual programs accessible online at ppld.org. For more information go to ppld.org/covid-19.
For information go to ppld.org.
• Calhan Library, 600 Bank St., Calhan
• Cheyenne Mountain Branch Library, 1785 S. 8th St.
• East Library, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Fountain Library Branch, 230 S. Main St., Fountain
• High Prairie Library, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs Library, 701 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs
• Monument Library Branch, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive, Monument
• Old Colorado City Library Branch, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• Palmer Lake Library Branch, 66 Lower Glenway, Palmer Lake
• Penrose Library, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon Library Branch, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley Library Branch, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek Library Branch, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass Branch Library, 8010 Severy Ave., Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE