DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Edge Computing – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
As the World Searches for a Solution to Latency in IoT Devices, Edge Computing Will Receive a 27.7% Growth Boost
The global market for Edge Computing is expected to reach US$18.7 billion by the year 2027, trailing a post COVID-19 CAGR of 27.7% over the analysis period 2020 through 2027.
The IoT ecosystem is exploding with billions of self-aware devices expected to be connected to the edge of networks by 2030. The Internet of Things (IoT) devices have gained significant traction in the recent years and are likely to witness increasing penetration in the coming years. While organizations and end-users focus on IoT devices, network connectivity intended to facilitate their communication receives relatively little attention. Public cloud and public Internet architectures are often unable to host critical, time-sensitive communications.
Use of private edge cloud networks for handling edge computing workloads and connecting to IoT devices is growing in popularity as it allows organizations to accelerate data processing and analysis. The approach reduces latency and improves performance as well as increasing security levels. Private edge cloud networks are highly effective performance-sensitive applications, making them an ideal choice for edge computing and IoT devices.
In addition to allowing data processing closer to a device to eliminate the requirement of data transfer to the cloud, the strategy isolates communication from the public Internet to ensure faster availability of critical information. Moreover, the ability of private edge cloud networks to isolate IoT communication from public Internet allows faster identification and mitigation of various attack types including distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. With the focus now squarely on latency issues, edge computing is rapidly emerging as a technology innovation that can be widely adopted across industries. Some of key benefits of using intelligent edge include capability for quick decision making and low latency.
Edge meets local computing requirements as data is processed in micro-data centers. On-site data processing helps to eliminate latency and address network and connectivity challenges. IoT devices form the backbone of edge computing as they enable data analysis and processing on the edge.
However, edge offers benefits for traditional applications as well. Edge computing can be adopted at close proximity to data source with dedicated units for specific functions in a device. Every edge computing unit would have dedicated storage, computer and network system. Load balancing, networking, routing, switching, as well as security would be handled by the devices. The devices together form a network which processes data from various sources. Event processing engines would analyze the data points to determine data streaming route.
Key Topics Covered:
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & REPORT SCOPE
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- COVID-Impact on Edge Computing Market
- COVID-19-Related Remote Working Pushes Businesses Closer to Edge Computing
- An Overview of Edge Computing
- Need for Edge Computing
- Benefits, Potential and Prospects of Edge Computing
- Key Considerations while Opting for Edge
- Edge Computing to Hold Prominent Value in Connected World
- Edge Computing: Outlook
- Market Analysis by Component
- Application Market Analysis
- Vertical Market Analysis
- Regional Analysis
- 5G Poised to Drive Edge Computing Adoption in China, the Fastest Growing Market
- Competitive Scenario
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
- Adlink Technology, Inc.
- Aricent, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Dell EMC
- FogHorn Systems
- HPE (Hewlett Packard Enterprise India Pvt. Ltd.)
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Nokia Networks
- Saguna Networks Ltd.
- SixSq Sarl
- Vapor IO
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Shift in IT Budgets from Bandwidth to Edge Computing
- Latency Benefits Drive Adoption of Edge across Diverse Domains
- Private Edge Cloud Networks Boon for Organizations Using IoT Devices
- Major Challenges with Use of Internet and Cloud Computing for IoT
- Advantages of Private Edge Cloud Network
- Rise of Smart Cities Opens Up Opportunities for Edge Computing
- Industrial IoT Gaining Traction in Industrial Environments
- Remote Monitoring: A Key Application Market
- IIoT and Edge Computing for Remote Monitoring Gain Prominence Amidst the Pandemic
- Content Delivery: An Implementation of Edge Computing
- Advances in Mobile Edge Computing & Content Caching in Wireless Mobile Networks
- With Efficiency Gaining Importance in Manufacturing, Edge Computing Gains Significance
- Edge Computing Hold Potential to Improve Competitiveness for Retailers
- Amid the Growing Number of Transportation Companies Leveraging IoT for Smart Fleet Management, Edge Computing Gains Prominence
- Edge Computing Seeks Role in Utilities Vertical
- Edge Computing for Government Agencies
- Edge Computing to Improve Daily Operations of Educational Institutions
- Edge Computing for Agriculture
- AI Hosting at Edge to Drive Growth
- Microservices to Favor Edge Development
- Emergence of Multi-Locational Data Storage
- Rising Significance of Autonomous Edge
- SMBs to Leverage Edge and Hybrid IT
- Relevance of Edge Computing in 5G Networks
- Innovations and Advancements
- Potential Innovations in Distributed Edge Architecture
- Alibaba & Intel Introduce a Novel Joint Edge Computing Platform
- Mirantis Introduces MCP Edge Platform
- Baidu Develops OpenEdge Computing Platform
- Haxiot Rolls Out a Novel Edge Computing Solution
- Linux Foundation Establishes LF Edge
- Additional Select Innovative Developments
- Expanding Horizon of Edge Computing Solutions Presents New Challenges
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 168
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/a8h1iv